For training providers, it's vital to stand out from the crowd. And in this changing world, it can be difficult to do that with the same old offerings. The digital transformation our economy has undergone in recent years, accelerated by the pandemic, has created a huge market for new skills and new competencies. Training providers need to roll with those changes and devise ways to be relevant, timely, and up-to-date in order to compete for those training dollars.
Here are five ways to make your training stand out.
- Ensure engagement and motivation. Do you ever wonder how your competition is engaging their learners? It's more complicated than "build great training and they will come." You can have the best courses out there, but engagement is the key. Learners need to be engaged and motivated to complete that training, especially now that most training courses are conducted online. It's very easy for learners to drop off if they're not engaged in what you're offering.
- Focus on current, in-demand skills. Every year, the CompTIA Emerging Technology Community releases its annual Emerging Technology Top 10 list. It includes the technologies that are poised to have the most impact in the coming year, and by association, the skills that are poised to be most in demand by employers. This year's list includes AI, 5G, IoT, natural language processing, and more.
- Offer digital credentials. Because skills-based hiring is at peak levels right now, it's vital for learners to have iron-clad verification of the skills on their resumes. Simply listing that they're proficient and experienced in a certain skillset does not have the same impact as a digital credential that verifies it. Hiring managers know it, and learners do, too. Digital credentials are no longer "nice-to-haves." They are must-haves.
- Help learners translate their newfound skills into success. It's not enough to simply offer courses anymore. Savvy learners are also looking for help in the job market, understanding which industries are utilizing the skills they've just mastered, and which companies are hiring people with those skills. Issuing your digital credentials on Credly gives your earners access to labor market insights, credential recommendations, and more to help them understand the value of what they've just learned and how to translate those skills into success.
- Spotlight learner success stories. For prospective learners, reading about how others have had success and benefited from your program is a powerful motivator. Digital credentials can also increase your visibility when learners share their badges online, and increase engagement and motivation by giving learners a tangible measure of their accomplishments. This can help them navigate the job market, too. (Learn more about how Digital Credentials Increase Career Success and Training Volume here.)
At Credly, we're dedicated to helping training providers stand out from their competition. Contact us to learn more about how digital credentials can help.