Seeking Director of People Ops to take leadership over a variety of crucial HR functions at a growth-stage, venture-backed company offering software and services that make life’s achievements portable, digital and verified.
Who We Are
A mission-driven team that prizes respect, hard work, humility, and transparency. Equal opportunity employer focused on creating equal opportunity for individuals through portable, data-rich evidence of achievements.
Who you are
- A no-job-too-big-no-job-too-small professional who believes in what we're doing and wants to help us scale.
- A self-driven individual with a drive to make an impact.
- A hyper-organized, super-responsive, generally on-top-of-your-stuff kind of person.
- A professional with perspective and the judgment to identify small deals, big deals and when to escalate or handle.
- A process-focused thinker with the ability to design systems that scale.
- A quick learner willing to work without perfect information and the ability to get smart fast as new business opportunities demand.
What you'll do here
- Be "the HR person" at Credly, reporting to the Chief of Staff and General Counsel. Take primary responsibility for all human resources related activities.
- Help champion and execute on a company culture of respect, mission and performance.
- Help us manage our people from recruiting to hiring to engaging to promoting.
- Manage compliance with key rules and regulations. Keep us out of trouble and growth-ready at all times.
- Optimize policies and procedures ranging from recruiting and interviewing to performance reviews and compensation plans.
- Support management of objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Support digital credential recognition programming for employees at Credly.
- Design employee engagement initiatives including management of employee information systems, surveys, fun events.
- Coordinate with and select vendors for key software including benefits platforms, insurance providers.
- Identify and maintain awareness of compliance requirements; design and execute staff trainings and compliance initiatives.
- Manage payroll, benefits, and HRIS duties
- Keep up with industry trends and employment legislation, ensuring company compliance.
What you know and can do (must haves)
- Demonstrably shined wherever you've been.
- Experience in a high-stakes environment.
- Ability to write clearly and convincingly.
- Ability to make decisions informed by data and ability to find or create meaningful and actionable data.
- Love for the administrative side: flawless employee files, strong reporting, and doing things by the book.
- Knowledge of payroll processing and other related HR tooling.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws.
- Occasional (i.e. quarterly) travel between Credly’s offices in New York and Minneapolis.
What you may know and have done (nice to haves)
- Prior experience as a human resources officer working in high-growth environment.
- Demonstrable expertise in particular areas of human resources management.
- A relevant professional certification or other credentials demonstrating proof of human-resources-related qualifications and awareness of best practices.
- Proven successful track record in Human Resources, including problem solving, crisis management and employee retention.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Vision, Dental benefits, including coverage for Dependents.
- Flexible work environment (work when and where you work best, including from our offices in New York or Minneapolis, from home or from a co-working space).
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it.
- 401(k) with Match.
- Life Insurance.
- Matching 501(c)(3) Donation Program.
- Stock options (granted at the discretion of the Credly board of directors).
- Credly seeks professionals able to work from either Minneapolis or New York City.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a brief statement of interest (500 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with DIRECTOR OF PEOPLE OPS in the subject line. Earned any digital credentials? We’d love to see them. Don’t have any? We can help with that.