Seeking Software Engineer to develop software at a growth-stage, venture-backed company offering software and services that make life’s achievements portable, digital, and verified.
Who We Are
A mission-driven team that prizes respect, hard work, humility, and transparency. Equal opportunity employer focused on creating equal opportunity for individuals through portable, data-rich evidence of achievements.
Who you are
- A no-job-too-big-no-job-too-small professional who believes in what we're doing and wants to help us scale.
- A self-driven individual with a drive to make an impact.
- A hyper-organized, super-responsive, generally on-top-of-your-stuff kind of person.
- A quick learner willing to work without perfect information and the ability to get smart fast as new business opportunities demand.
What you'll do here
- Contribute to the evolutionary architecture of a growing product platform. Implement features and necessary infrastructure.
- Leverage best practices in agile construction, including unit testing, test automation, automated deployment, etc.
- Learn and support best practices in REST web service development.
- Identify technical trade-offs associated with product/feature choices.
- Develop web application(s) as part of platform development.
- Support Product Management and Client Success team in answering questions about the platform APIs.
- Support efforts to onboard new third-parties to use the platform.
What you know and can do (must haves)
- Develop responsive, high performing web applications using modern techniques and frameworks
- Write tests and perform code reviews in a dynamic, fast paced agile environment
- Work closely with a highly productive development team to deliver new features on time
What you may know and have done (nice to haves)
- Ruby development skills applied in an agile, continuous deployment setting a huge plus
- Developed professional applications using a rapid application development platform such as Rails, Grails or Django
- Quickly learn and apply new development technologies and frameworks
- Understand responsive design practices and principles
- Develop applications using RESTful Architecture and REST best practices
- Deploy applications in a cloud hosted environment as part of a continuous delivery process
- Mentor junior developers and work closely with peers to delivery rock solid features
- Continuous expansion of knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Creative problem-solving skills
What we offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Vision, Dental benefits, including coverage for Dependents.
- Flexible work environment (work when and where you work best, including from our offices in New York or Minneapolis, from home or from a co-working space).
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it.
- 401(k) with Match.
- Life Insurance.
- Matching 501(c)(3) Donation Program.
How to Apply
- Submit a resume and a brief statement of interest (500 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Software Engineer in the subject line. Earned any digital credentials? We’d love to see them. Don’t have any? We can help with that.